Advantages of Natural Kapok Fiber
Kapok as a pillow stuffing has natural advantages, especially over petroleum-based polyester/polyurethane foams.
- Kapok is safe. It’s free of the potentially toxic materials in many foam pillows.
- Kapok is cruelty-free and renewable. While collecting down feathers can be problematic, kapok is harvested from seed pods, so it is a renewable resource that doesn't come at the cost of trees or animals.
- Kapok is a compostable and biodegradable resource that reduces waste.
- Kapok is generally considered hypoallergenic.
- Kapok has no discernable odor.
- Kapok has a buoyant, uniform density and, when compressed, tends to spring back into its original shape.
- Kapok is moldable and offers great support