Our Alpaca Mattress Toppers have a 100-night sleep trial — just like our bedding and pillows.
For our Plush Alpaca Mattress Topper, here’s how the trial program works:
- Try your Plush Alpaca Mattress Topper for up to 100 nights. Your trial starts at your delivery date. In the event of a warranty replacement, the sleep trial for that product does not restart and is not extended.
- Not Satisfied? Contact us. We will give you a call to gather some feedback and give us a chance to make it right! Please note: Just like our mattresses, it may take time to adjust to your new topper. But in the event that you wish to proceed with a return, we make it simple.
- Should you wish to proceed with a return, we will request photo(s) to confirm that your mattress topper is in appropriate condition to be donated and eligible for a return (products must be free of rips, tears, stains, excessive odors, etc).
- Once photos have been received, our support team will transfer you to our sustainability team who will be in touch within 48 business hours for the donation process, which can take place in two different ways:
- We always give our customers the option to drop the items off directly to a donation center. This reduces greenhouse gas emissions from shipping and results in a faster refund. We’ll request to see verification that the items were dropped off via photos and a donation receipt.
- If there is no eligible donation center in your area, we will kindly ask you to repackage the items. Avocado is not responsible for any costs incurred from repackaging and cannot reimburse customers for a replacement box or packaging services. Once the items are repackaged, we’ll issue you a prepaid FedEx label that will send the product to one of our nonprofit donation partners nearest you. We will include detailed instructions on how to schedule a FedEx pick-up from your home. We ask that you notify us once it’s shipped so we can verify that the tracking is showing movement and have your full refund processed within 72 hours.
- Do not send your Alpaca Topper back to us. Returns (donations) sent without prior authorization will not receive a refund. There are no charges for restocking fees or return shipping. *For returns, it is very helpful if you have the original box in which your Alpaca Topper was delivered. Most customers have not had trouble fitting it back in the box.
- Exclusions: (1) Our serviceable area for complimentary returns is the 50 states of the United States only, including Alaska and Hawaii. If your alpaca topper is located outside the USA, you are responsible for any costs associated with return of the product. (2) If you finance your purchase via Affirm, you’ll receive a full refund less any applicable financing fees paid to date directly via Affirm. (3) Products must be in a condition suitable for donation to be eligible for return (i.e., no stains, tears, excessive odors or soiling) with the law tag attached to the product and in its original, unaltered state. We request photo(s) to confirm that your alpaca topper is in appropriate condition to be donated. Protect your purchase by following the care instructions. (4) Our 100-night sleep trial is limited to one of each applicable product type per household. Exceptions: Green Pillows, Latex Pillows and Twin XL size mattress (used to make a Split King for use on an adjustable base), for which two may be returned from a single order, since they are often bought in pairs.) If you exchange a product, it ends your sleep trial for that product type (mattress, topper, base, sheets, protectors, pads) and no other sleep trials are eligible for your household in the future for that product type. We define this household-wide policy by your customer name, or shipping address, or billing method/account or billing address.. (5) In-Home Delivery & Setup services are nonrefundable. Protect your mattress and topper with our Organic Mattress Pad Protector.