Avocado’s face masks are not intended to replace the medical grade N95 masks. However, the Center for Disease Control recommends all Americans wear a cloth mask or covering when going out in public because of mounting evidence that infected people without symptoms can spread the virus. And in L.A., face masks are now required for those venturing outdoors.
Doctors say that even if cloth coverings only reduce transmission to and from each wearer by half, that would reduce the chance of spread by 75 percent, reducing the exponential growth of the disease.
- Before putting on a mask, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it. If you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Do not place cloth face masks on children under the age of 2, in order to prevent suffocation.
Our Avocado Face Masks are reusable because they are made from 100% GOTS organic certified cotton — so they are machine-washable. Remove your mask from behind and place in a closed bin or the washing machine. Wash in warm water. Tumble dry or air dry — and be sure the mask has dried completely before using. Read this for more details.